Category: Pet Safety
How to Prevent Pet Poisoning
March is Pet Poison Prevention Month, and our veterinarian at Pacific Animal Hospital of Redondo Beach is using the opportunity to help educate pet parents on how to protect their pets from toxins and poisons.
5 Essentials for Walking Your Dog in the Rain
Staying active is good for your health and your pet’s health, so it’s important to get out for a bit of exercise – even when the weather is a little below Southern-California-grade beauty (i.e. raining).
How to Pet-Proof Your Home
Dogs and cats are curious and playful. These are two reasons why we love them, but it’s also why our houses can create some pretty dangerous situations for them.
Create an Emergency Plan for Your Pets in 5 Steps
Fires, floods, earthquakes – we never know when a natural disaster could strike. While most people have some idea of a plan for themselves, many forget that they need to include their pets in their emergency preparedness plans, too.
5 Easter Treats to Keep Away From Your Pets
Easter egg hunts and baskets are pretty tame for human revelers, but they do pose some threats to our pets. For a safe, cheerful Easter, keep your pets away from the following Easter treats.
- Blood Testing for Pets: Ensuring Your Furry Friend's Health and Well-Being
- Pet Dental Month: How To Prevent Dental Disease In Pets
- Common Health Concerns in Senior Pets and What You Can Do
- A New Joy in Life: Adopting a Shelter Pet
- What You Should Know: National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day
- Join Us in Celebrating Pet Obesity Awareness Day by Learning How Weight Affects Your Pet's Health